The Burger King restaurant on Linton Hall Road in Gainesville is closed due to an early morning fire on Sunday, Prince William County fire officials said.
Fire and rescue units were called to the restaurant, located on the 7600 block of Linton Hall Road, at 7:29 a.m. where they discovered a fire in the exhaust ducts for the cooking appliances, according to a press release issued by the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue.
Excessive grease accumulation in the ducts caused the fire, according to the fire marshal's office report.
No injuries were reported, but the fire caused some $10,000 in damages to the building.
Firefighters said the restaurant will be closed until clean-up is completed and the necessary repairs are made. After that, an authorization to reopen must be obtained from the health department and building official’s office.