Last Chance: 'Super NoVA' Public Transit Plan Meeting This Evening
Public rail and transportation officials want your input on their draft public transportation plan for Northern Virginia.
Agency representatives will present residents, especially those who travel in Northern Virginia, with the Super NoVa Transit and TDM Vision Plan which includes draft recommendations on improving regional travel.
Planners have and will continue to do extensive evaluation of future population growth, employment trends, land use and travel demand as part of the process.
The plan also includes:
- Expansive commuter bus network throughout the region
- Interconnected network of high-capacity transit services in the region’s urban areas
- Network of hubs to connect people to transportation services and programs
- Increased coordination of local transit services across jurisdictional boundaries
- Pedestrian and bicycle improvements to enhance connections to transit services and facilities
- Comprehensive regional TDM strategy and programs
- Leveraging technology to enable people to make informed decisions about travel
Monday’s meeting in Manassas is the second of three scheduled public meetings held in Northern Virginia about the Super NoVA plan.
What: Super NoVA Transit and TDM Vision Plan for Northern Virginia meeting
Who: The public and the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
When: Monday, Sept. 24 6 to 8 p.m.
Where: Four Points By Sheraton Manassas Battlefield Hotel at 10800 Vandor Ln.