Invite a friend
Red Scare on Sunset
Prince William Little Theatre presents Red Scare on Sunset, written by Charles Busch, and directed by Leslie Anne Ross, for eight performances, June 8-17, at the Hylton Performing Arts Center, on the Manassas campus of George Mason University. This off-Broadway hit is set in 1950's Hollywood during the blacklist days. Mary Dale is a musical comedy star who discovers to her horror that her husband, her best friend, her director and houseboy are all mixed up in a communist plot to take over the movie industry. Among their goals is the dissolution of the star system! Both right and left are skewered in this comic melodrama, produced by special arrangement with Samuel French Inc. Mature theme. Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets $15 general admission, $12 seniors/students/groups of 10.
More About Hylton Performing Arts Center
The Hylton Performing Arts Center is a community arts center located in Manassas. The center is meant to be an enriching and educational space for the Northern Virginia community, creating "an exciting, stimulating, vital arts experience that expands cultural awareness and integrates the arts into the region's social, economic and community fabric." 85,000 square feet of space make up the Hylton Performing Arts Center facilities, featuring an opera hall, theater, grand foyer and gallery. A full calendar of events is featured on the center's website. Tickets are available at the center's box office and can also be purchased online or over the phone. For further inquiries, phone the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
Other events here
- Manassas Chorale "Star-Spangled Celebration" Concert Fri, May 31, 7:30 pm
- Castleton Festival at the Hylton: An Italian Extravaganza Sun, Jun 30, 7:00 pm
- Happenstance Theater: Pinot & Augustine Wed, Jul 10, 11:00 am
- Castleton Festival at the Hylton: Mostly Mahler Thu, Jul 18, 8:00 pm
- Kankouran West African Dance Company: Visit to Africa Wed, Aug 14, 11:00 am
- Peter Nero: Classic Connections Sat, Sep 21, 8:00 pm
- Aquila Theatre: Fahrenheit 451 Sat, Oct 5, 8:00 pm
- Garry Krinsky: Toying with Science Sat, Oct 12, 2:00 pm
- Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra: Latin Nights Sat, Oct 19, 8:00 pm
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble: Hungarian Rhapsody Sat, Nov 16, 8:00 pm