Invite a friend
Vpstart Crow regales with "Six Degrees of Separation"
Vpstart Crow finishes its 2011-2012 season with “Six Degrees of Separation”, by John Guare, May 11-13 and 18-20 in the Gregory Theatre of the Hylton Performing Arts Center. Performance times are Friday and Saturday evenings at 8:00 pm, and Sundays at 2:00 pm. The Pay-What-You-Can Preview performance will be on Thursday, May 10 at 8:00 pm.
Based on a true story, the eye-opening, 90-minute romp focuses on the contingencies that link lives together or tear
them apart and the pivotal role of the imagination. Rob Batarla, Vpstart Crow’s artistic director and director for this season’s instant classic, noted, "With elements of comedy and tragedy, ‘Six Degrees of Separation’ is, at its core,
the telling of a story about the basic human need of connection, and because we are performing the show in the round, the audience will get to live the story from every angle."
“Six Degrees of Separation” is intended for mature audiences. The production contains adult language, sexual situation and partial male nudity. Viewer discretion is advised.
|Where||Hylton Performing Arts Center 10960 George Mason Cir, Manassas, VA 20110|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 pm–9:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Hylton Performing Arts Center
The Hylton Performing Arts Center is a community arts center located in Manassas. The center is meant to be an enriching and educational space for the Northern Virginia community, creating "an exciting, stimulating, vital arts experience that expands cultural awareness and integrates the arts into the region's social, economic and community fabric." 85,000 square feet of space make up the Hylton Performing Arts Center facilities, featuring an opera hall, theater, grand foyer and gallery. A full calendar of events is featured on the center's website. Tickets are available at the center's box office and can also be purchased online or over the phone. For further inquiries, phone the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
Other events here
- Matinee Idylls: Virginia Virtuosi Today, May 21, 12:30 pm–3:00 pm
- "Songs, Dances, and Marches" - Emporia State University Choir and Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra in Manassas Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm
- Manassas Chorale "Star-Spangled Celebration" Concert Fri, May 31, 7:30 pm
- Peter Nero: Classic Connections Sat, Sep 21, 8:00 pm
- Aquila Theatre: Fahrenheit 451 Sat, Oct 5, 8:00 pm
- Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra: Latin Nights Sat, Oct 19, 8:00 pm
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble: Gypsy Romance Sat, Nov 16, 8:00 pm
- Shanghai Ballet: La Sylphide Fri, Nov 22, 8:00 pm
- Chanticleer: A Chanticleer Christmas Sun, Dec 1, 4:00 pm
- Danú: Christmas in Ireland Fri, Dec 6, 8:00 pm