The popular Nature Visions Photo Expo 2013 is returning for a fourth year to the Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas, Virginia, on Friday-Sunday, Nov. 8-10, 2013 with expanded exhibits, vendor displays and free activities and free photography education for beginner photographers, thanks in part to a grant from Prince William County.
Free activities, Nov. 9-10 from 9:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., include an exhibit of 325 outstanding nature images for sale by top area photographers, two floors full of national and local vendors of outstanding photography equipment, supplies and workshops, and vendor demonstrations.
Free photography education for beginning photographers include:
· “How You Can Get Great Pictures with Your Phone” with Rad Drew, Nov. 9 from 10 to 11 am and Nov. 10 from 1:45 to 2:45 pm.
· “Applied Camera Basics,” with Rob Knight, Nov. 9 from 1:45 to 2:45 pm and Nov. 10 from 10 to 11 am.
· “Getting Started with Your New Point & Shoot or dsLr Camera” with Wayne Wolfersberger, Nov. 9 from 3 to 4 pm and Nov. 10 from 3 to 4 pm.
Free photography education for beginning to advanced photographers include two appearances by Adobe Evangelist Julieanne Kost:
· “More Time Behind a Lens and Less Time Behind a Computer,” Nov. 10 from 8:30 to 10 am. (intermediate to advanced).
· “Through the Eyes of Julieanne Kost,” Nov.10 from 4:30 to 6 pm. (beginner to advanced).
Fee-based education sessions include noted photographer and author Bryan Peterson’s full-day seminar, “Learning to See Creatively,” on Nov. 8 and his keynote presentation, “Flashes of Inspiration,” on Nov. 9, as well as any of 16 one- and two-hour workshops for beginners to advanced photographers on Nov. 9-10. Reserve a one-hour spot to photograph rescued falcons, hawks and owls through the Raptor Conservancy of Virginia.
The Nature Visions Expo is organized by seven photo clubs in the Mid-Atlantic area: the Loudoun Photography Club, Manassas-Warrenton Camera Club, McLean Photography Club, Northern Virginia Photographic Society, Reston Photographic Society, Vienna Photographic Society and the NIH Camera Club.
Space is limited - register today at www.naturevisions.org. The Hylton Performing Arts Center is located at 10960 George Mason Circle on the Prince William Campus of George Mason University, just eight minutes from I66 Exit 44 in Manassas.