Health inspectors with the Virginia Department of Health are meticulous, and with good reason.
Employees are quizzed on their knowledge of food preparation and sanitation practices. No stone is left unturned in the kitchen and storage areas. No meat temperature is left unchecked.
"In our experience, it is unrealistic to expect that a complex, full-service food operation can routinely avoid any violations," according to Virginia Department of Health's website.
Here's a list of food prep locations (including diners, schools, service stations, etc.) that had zero violations during a restaurant inspection between July 15 and Aug. 15.
- Barnes & Noble College Store #653, 6901 Sudley Rd
- Burger King #10825, 10034 Dumfries Rd
- Euro Cafe, 6901 Sudley Rd
- Five Guys Burgers, 7321 Atlas Walk Way
- Mega Sub, 9876 Liberia Ave
- Snowie Shaved Ice of Virginia, 9264 Matthew Dr
- Subway, 13472 Dumfries Rd