Not all of us will be spending Thanksgiving Day with family or friends, but that doesn't mean there isn't anywhere to celebrate the holiday.
There are plenty of places open for business in Manassas Thursday:
- - 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- - 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- - 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- - Will stay open ALL night long Wednesday until 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- - all locations will remain open 24 hours, and it's business as usual. Even the pharmacy will be open
- - Both Manassas Walmarts will open at 6 a.m. and close at midnight.
- - open from 6 am- 9pm on Thanksgiving.
Food & Entertainment
- - Bowl a couple of frames before or after all the turkey and stuffing; doors open at 9am and remain open until midnight.
- - about a mile past the Manassas/Centreville border is Rave Cinemas Theatres. Ten different movies will be shown Thanksgiving Day; first movie starts at 11:15 am, last one begins at 11 pm.
- open 24 hours with an option for their full, regular menu or a 'Holiday Turkey Dinner' - sliced turkey breast, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, 2 sides & dinner bread for just $8.99, seniors 55 and older can enjoy the same meal with a slightly smaller portion but also includes a salad for just $7.59. Denny's is also serving up a 'Holiday Turkey Melt' - tender sliced turkey breast & stuffing topped with melted Swiss cheese served on grilled potato bread with a cranberry honey mustard spread, one side plus gravy for dipping for only $7.59.
- - Since opening their doors in September of 2008, Hard Times has been open on Thanksgiving Day each year. They have 65 TVs, plus four large projection screens to watch football. Also enjoy local and very popular reggae band 'Jah Works' the night before.
The Place to be -
Backyard Grill needed it own category on this one for the big party owner Frank Qreitem has put together. There will be a HUGE Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet from 11am-4pm, plus DJ Breezy spinning Top 40 hits beginning around 9:30pm until closing, making this the place to be on Thanksgiving.
Frank spoke about when and why he started this tradition that began nearly 20 years ago at his Chantilly location.
"I started this 17 years ago. I came up with the idea for people that don't have families, or that don't want to cook and just want a place to eat," he said. "Also, alot of my employees don't have family in the area and I wanted to do something nice for them as well."
Here's what on the buffet: Adults - $19.95 Children(10&under) $9.95
- Carving Station: Roasted Turkey Breast w/ Savory Gravy, Pineapple Glazed Virginia Baked Ham, Prime Roast Beef w/ Au Jus
- Sides: Old Fashion Turkey Stuffing, Seafood Newburg, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Beans & Carrots, Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Assorted Breads
- Salad: Greek Salad, Fresh Fruit Salad, Ambrosia Salad, Caesar Salad
- Dessert: Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Cheese Cake
If you can't make it to the buffet in time don't worry, you can still get plated Thanksgiving dinner for $14.95, children $9.95. Or if you just aren't in the mood for anything Thanksgiving, you can try their new menu that was just released.