I love quotes! Anyone who follows my fan page knows how much I love quotes for motivation, inspiration, a good laugh or just some plain common sense. I feel that as people, we identify with particular quotes during different times in our lives. Today, I’d like to share some of my favorites. The first 4 quotes are the ones I keep on my desk at all times to remind me what is important because I don’t want to forget. The remaining quotes, are favorites right now and I hope they give meaning to you.
1. Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up with more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. — Oprah Winfrey. Simply said, we need to be thankful for what we have. Often, I see people concentrate on the accumulation of stuff, rather than the development of relationships. Stuff goes away. Relationships have real meaning.
2. Balance Yourself. Unknown. For me, this is a daily reminder to balance work, playtime and family time. This means not spreading myself too thin and making time for the important people in my life.
3. At the door of the rich man sleeps the contented beggar. –Tibetan saying. I believe this means that happiness does not come from acquiring more money, but with being content and living within your means.
4. Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try. –Dennis DeYoung. Don’t quit. Stay motivated.
Here are some of my other favorite quotes. I hope you find some inspiration here.
5. Opportunities are never lost; someone will take the one you miss. –Author Unknown
6. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most often makes for success. –Dale Carnegie.
7. You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them. — Malcolm Forbes
8. Without change, there would be no butterflies. — Anonymous
9. There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.–Zig Ziglar
And, last but not least, one of my most favorite quotes of all times.
10. I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost more than 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to make the game winning shot – and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. — Michael Jordan.
What is your favorite motivational quote? Please share in the comments section.