According to Manassas City Fire Marshal Frank Teevan, a 30-year-old man suffered serious burns after a fire broke out in a bedroom of a Manassas home late Thursday.
Teevan did not provide anymore details, pending an official press release later today.
The one-alarm fire started in a second floor bedroom at a home at 10283 Long Hill Ct. off of Hastings Drive.
The fire, which produced heavy smoke, was extinguished quickly.
The victim was taken to a local hospital by helicopter due to the extent of his injuries.
More information is expected to be made available later today; check back with Patch for more information as it becomes available to us.