About 3,000 civilians and military personnel commute to the Navy Yard in Southeast Washington from homes in the District and large swaths of Virginia and Maryland. The investigation is ongoing. Patch reporters are on the scene and are providing live updates:
- Understanding What the Washington Navy Yard Is and Who Works There
- Coast Guard Establishes Security Zone in Reaction To Navy Yard Shooting
- Navy Commander Witnesses Man Get Shot: 'I Was Running For My Life'
- Security Increased at Regional Military Installations
- 'It's Just the Fact That I Haven't Heard Anything'