With snow accumulation of up to eight inches and overnight temperatures dropping to 1 degree, parents and students have began wondering if the storm would impact class schedules Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Here are the Wednesday cancellations and postponements we have so far:
- Classes for Manassas City Public Schools are canceled for Wednesday.
- The Old Town Manassas Business Association meeting on Wednesday is canceled.
- Classes for Prince William County Schools are closed on Wednesday, Jan. 22. After school activities are canceled.
- Federal agencies are operating on a two-hour delay, but employees can take unscheduled leave or telework .
- The Virginia Railway Express (VRE) will operate on a normal schedule on Wednesdays.
Remaining snow may not be the only issue for students. The current forecast for Wednesday morning in Manassas suggests very cold temperatures as students are expected to begin the trip to school. The temperature could be 7 degrees, but a wind chill will make it feel like -11 degrees.
Prince William County Schools typically make an announcement by 5 a.m. If there is a delay or closure, the first alert goes up on the district website and at the PWCS Facebook page.
Manassas City Public Schools use the same methods, the Manassas division's website and its Facebook page, to communicate school closings to students and parents.
Patch will post that information as it becomes available.
Should schools be closed Wednesday? Tell us in the comments section below.