July 4th events in Manassas next week include the standard explosions, along with live music, a pie baking contest, the kid's bike rodeo and more.
The kids ride begins at 3 p.m., with concessions, vendors and live entertainment kicking off at 4 p.m. Activities will center on the Harris Pavilion, at 9201 Center St., and the Manassas Museum lawn, at 9101 Prince William St.
- The Children's Bicycle Rodeo begins at 3 p.m. at the pavilion.
- Judging for the Apple Pie baking contest from 4-6 p.m. at the pavilion.
- The Watermelon Eating Contest at 5 p.m. at the pavilion.
- The Nitehawks perform on the museum lawn at 7 p.m.
- The fireworks display at 9:15 p.m.
Notes From Historic Manassas:
The Parking Garage will not be available for parking for safety reasons. Parking will be available in all street parking outside of the footprint (see map above) and the Commuter Parking lot, located on Prince William Street.
This is a public, outdoor event. No alcohol or open grills. Though we love pets, with thousands of people expected to attend and the loud noise from the fireworks, it is best to leave your pets at home.