Below is a list of street closings provided by the City of Manasssas as part of the Commemoration of the Second Battle of Manassas/Bull Run, taking place this week.
- West Street (from Center Street to Prince William Street) will be closed to vehicle traffic from 11 p.m. on Aug. 22 to 10 p.m. on Aug. 26.
- Battle Street (from Center Street to Prince William Street) will be closed from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day from Aug. 23 to Aug. 26.
- Prince William Street (from Liberty Street to the parking garage) will be closed from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Aug. 25 and Aug. 26.
- parking lot will be closed Aug. 23 to Aug. 26.
- Lot F will be designated handicapped parking
- Diagonal parking spaces in front of the museum will be closed Aug. 23 –Aug. 26.
- The water tower parking lot will be closed Aug. 25, for the farmers market, which will take place on Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Visitors Center parking lot will be closed Aug. 22 at 11 p.m. to Aug. 26 at 10 p.m.
- On Aug. 25, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., parking will be restricted on Main Street between Center Street and Prince William Street for the re-enactor parade.
Visitors can park in the city’s parking garage, which is located next to the at the Virginia Rail Express station. There's also parking on side streets that will remain open.
The Washington Post's Dr. Gridlock is also reporting that roads in Prince William County will also be impacted by the events taking place this week and weekend, especially around the area of the Manassas National Battlefield Park. The main routes to get to the battlefield are Interstate 66, Route 234 (Sudley Road) and Rte. 29, so expect delays on these roads.
Parking is available for Prince William County events, such as the Battle of Kettle Run commemorative events, at Bristoe Station Battlefield Park and the Bristow Shopping Center, located at 10438 Bristow Center Dr. Shuttle service is provided for some events, according to the Post.
Want Manassas news and information in your inbox? Learn more about free newsletters here.