Now that the real estate market is showing signs of improvements you are seeing more new home advertisements. Here are 10 reasons for buyers to buy a brand new home.
1. Design you dream home – When you buy a home that is not constructed it gives you the opportunity to be part of the design process. This could include picking the floor plan that fits your lifestyle. Maybe few bedrooms with larger closets or perhaps a first floor master suite. You don’t have to settle for making due what’s already there.
2. You’re not reinventing the wheel- When moving into an older home you can spend a lot of money replacing light fixtures, appliances and worn out carpets. Without the to-do list you can enjoy your home from the start.
3. Home Warranty – New home warranties cover most everything in the home for a minimum of one year and the structure as long as ten years depending on the builder. A re-sale home can be covered with a home warranty but at the end of one year you are on your own should anything break down.
4. Environmentally Friendly – new homes will have the most up to date energy efficient appliances, HVAC, water heaters, windows …. Saving you money in the long run. Older home you would need to retro fit or replace to make them more efficient.
5. Save maintenance dollars - Most builders building homes today are using materials requiring little or no maintenance. The products are more durable and environmentally friendly.
6. Piece of mind - New homes are inspected and are built to comply with the latest safely codes. Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide are usually hardwires which is usually not the case in older homes.
7. Community Amenities – You see more homes built in communities that have amenities like pools, tot lots, tennis and fitness centers. Saving money and time since you don’t have them with in the neighborhood.
8. Everything is brand new – The refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and on and on. There is something to be said for knowing that you will be the first to use the oven and you don’t have to be concerned about what might be growing in the corners of the refrigerator.
9. Financing options - Most new home builder have their own mortgage company or have arranged for special financing options that can be more appealing than what you would find in the open market.
10. Incentives – Builder want to move their inventory and will often offer incentives like upgraded appliances, finished basements, money towards closing cost or below market interest rates.
Susan Jacobs is an Associate Broker at Re/Max Gateway. She has been helping families buy and sell homes for over 20 years in the Prince William County Area. If you’re considering purchasing a new home and don’t know where to start email Susan at Home4Sale@mris.com or call her 703-347-4418. Check out her blog at www.SusanJacobsTeam.com