Alpha Bet School was established in 1967 by a group of co-op members. Today, the non-denominational, cooperative, not-for-profit preschool continues to allow parents to be involved in their child's education. The schoool's staff consists of experienced teachers and parents, who assist in establishing and meeting desired learning goals throughout the school year. Parent involvement also allows the tuition to be kept low. In 1993, Alpha Bet became licensed through the state of Virginia.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am- 12:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1967
- Number of students: 45
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: nonsectarian
- Accreditation/licenses: Licensed through the state of Virginia Department of Social Services
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Alpha Bet participates in Harris Teeter's "Together in Education" Program and "Labels for Education"
- Montessori: No
- Age range: 3 and 4 year olds
- Uniforms: No
- Special education: Yes